Monday, December 21, 2009

FaMiLY ChRiStMaS PaRtY TiMe!






Landen so excited to show off his playdo
Waiting to open presents
This is the picture of the couples wrapping the presents.
The Staker Men






This past Sunday was our annual family Lowry Christmas party. We held it at Matt & Sara's Staker's home this year. They have a huge beautiful home that is so perfect for parties.
We always have dinner followed by games and a $10.00 gift exchange or in years past we have done a white elephant exchange.Do you like my white eye? nice....





The last few years we ALWAYS have the
funnest
indoor
Snowball fight. We decided to try to
do something different this year. I had a fun little thing where two couples had to wrap a present with each person in the couple could only use one hand. They had to be a team. It was funny, and I was impressed at how well they did. I thought they would struggle alot more then they did. Next I had a bunch of questions I asked to everyone like "Who is wearing the highest heels?" or Who has never rode a horse?" or maybe Who has gone skydiving?" random fun questions and if you could answer them with a "I have!" then you could go get a treat out of a big bowl I had in the middle of the
room. We'll we learned a few things about each other doing that. I never knew my sister-in-law Sue had gone sky-diving or that my brother Wes had his tonsils out as a kid and that my daughter-in-law Shari has never been on a horse. We ran out of treats before I could ask all the questions so next time I will make sure I had oodles of treats!!
Next was the opening of the presents. My sister Peggy did a fun thing where she read "The night before Christmas" and had beforehand printed out sentences in the book on pieces on paper. She passed them out and as she was reading when you heard your sentence you would have to say "Ho,Ho,Ho! then you got to pick out a present out of the pile of gifts in the middle of the room. It was fun. I ended up with a new box of Tupperware and Dan got a "Continuous Home Fragrance diffuser set" Whoooo fancy!!
Kids were running around everywhere and having a wonderful time exploring all the niches and caverns of the Staker house, Under every staircase is a play area and there is a climbing wall, a tube slide from the upstairs main floor down to the rec room with air hockey, etc., a movie theatre and well you get the idea. This a great place for the kids to hang out. I ended up getting more of the party on video then snapshots. It's hard to do both. Thank you Matt and Sara for letting us party in your lovely home.
We all had a Jolly good time!
Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!
*We of course missed all you family members that could not attend! But by reading this and seeing all the pictures you will feel like you were there.

2 comments:

  1. That was a very fun night. Thanks for taking pictures. I brought my camera but didn't touch it once all night! Good to see everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a cute family! Looks like so much fun! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete