Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!










It was a great weekend. We came up on Thursday and within the hour Rachelle and the boys showed up, then Trev's family. The house was alive with action. With all that going on we even had a guy tiling the downstairs bathroom. It was busy-crazy... I made dinner and then we babysat Thaxton so his Mom and Dad could have a night out alone. I was so excited to spend some time with Thaxton and it was fun to get to know his little personality and routine. Since he was born everytime I am around him he is usually asleep so this was some good bonding time.

Saturday we worked on the condo then took Dan's mom to dinner round 5pm at Outback. I can't believe we did not take a picture! Besides Dan's parents, his sisters Ruthie and Lisa, and Lisa's daughter Alecia were with us. Dinner was yummy! After dinner we went to his parent's house to plant some plants for his mom.

Dan spoiled me as usual with a new camera ( he dropped my other one and the shutter would never close) and an Ipod for Mother's day. Yes, it's true I am way behind in the tech world. I am probably the last of you to get an Ipod. We got to tend Thaxton again for a couple of hours too. We introduced him to the series the "Winds of War" that we were watching, he liked it because he watched it more then you would think. He is going to grow up interested in WWII now.

Sunday after church Rachelle's family came over and we went for a walk up Provo canyon.It was actually a little hot I was so surprised! Then at 4:30 we went to Trevor and Shari's for dinner. The kids did all the cooking and it was fabulous. Trevor bar-b-que's some mean chicken, (better then I have ever made) Rachelle made the famous Molly Mudock salsa and Shari made a yummy fruit pizza that we were all in love with. It's my new favorite dessert. I know she has made it several times but I have never got to try it until Sunday. It is to die for.
We missed Tye and his family but Tye emailed me the nicest little Mother's day note that made me cry. Ahhhhh, thank you Tye. Even Trevor pulled off a card that I will cherish because he is bad about cards and phone calls. Rachelle gave me a cute needlepoint picture. Danny and Tilly called to wish me a Happy Mother's day too.
I Love being a Mom and I am so thankful for my precious children and grandchildren. It has been my hardest job but the most rewarding. I am sooooo blessed.
I Love you all with all my heart!
Thank you for a wonderful weekend.
It's nice to be totally spoiled at least one day a year by your children. It does a Mom good!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that is just not nice to tempt me with that fruit pizza! Mmmmmmmmmm Looks like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at the picture of all of you and I thought to myself, hmm, that looks like my house. Oh yeah, you were over with Trevor and Shari! Glad you had a fun Mother's day, sorry we didn't get to see you guys, but I know it's hard just to get some time with your own kids and grandkids. I still haven't seen your Provo abode. Maybe when we are down in St. George the next time we will swing by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a fun day at your house with your sweet fam! :)

    ReplyDelete