Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Fun





















The past few days have been full of spending time with all my little "Firecrackers"
"The Boys" minus Traven (we miss you!). It started Wednesday night with Thaxton. Trevor and Shari will be in Canada for the 4th so Shari came over the day before they left and we hung out taking pictures of "Ax" (my nickname for Thaxton). He is such a happy sweet boy.
Thursday I spent the day running errands and securing a spot for the parade. What a job that was. I did not want to camp out on the spot so I had to go by a couple of times to guard it. Gosh, people moved my blanket over, stole my rocks and put them on their blanket, then the sprinklers came on and soaked everything, and they threw my carpet pieces off away from my spot. Dang people!! I read in the paper today that you ARE SUPPOSE to spend the night on your spot...hmmm I would NOT do that so I was OK with the hassles so I didn't have to sleep over on the curb. I'll be ready with my caution tape and stakes and signs that say "Don't mess with this spot or you will be shot " next year. I'm also going to make sure I am on the East side.
The boys are so much fun. They sure make life busy,crazy,exciting. We are so thankful and grateful for our family. We are so thankful for this country and the freedom we have.God Bless the good old USA!!

5 comments:

  1. It was so fun to see you at the parade! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures!!! Wish I would have seen you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to get all these pics from you. I don't have any of these cute ones from the 4th!

    ReplyDelete