I just got home from spending the last 10 days over in Colorado with Tye's family. It was great other then I had a crappy cold the whole time. The 10 days went by sooo fast. Seriously it felt like three at the most.
Roberta and I got some fun garage sale and Goodwill shopping in. I had planned to paint her kitchen cupboards but I wasn't feeling that great to knock out a kitchen on this trip. She wanted to tackle little projects instead. We tried new recipes, I taught her how to sew some pillow cases. We worked in her flower beds. Went to Zumba class with her and worked on decorating the house.
Tye was able to be around a bit and that was great. It was fun to see him in his police car driving off to work. Even more fun to hear the crazy stories of each nights shift. We went up to Red Rocks one day for a little exercise. It's always so pretty up there. Traven is already showing us his talent for dancing. The second he hears music he is busting his moves! Sooooo cute. I will post a video of him dancing later. He is very animated and Tye is teaching him all kinds of funny things to entertain us with. I also love that Trave is very snugly and jumped in my lap every time I sat down on the couch. That's the best.
I think this is the first Mother's Day I have spent with Tye in years and it was a very fun day. I loved all my special phone calls from all the other kids and Dan. Tye's ward feeds the Mother's brunch during Relief Society. It was awesome. The men do everything including setting tables with tablecloths and centerpieces. They even had subs for all the women that teach so they could attend the brunch. It was NOT just doughnuts and OJ but a full fledged brunch with crepes, bundt cake and breakfast casseroles. I was so impressed. Each of us even got the new book out by Sheri Dew. The women go all out for the men on Father's day also.
Tye had Marco tend Traven Monday night and took Roberta and me to dinner. It was so Yummy!
Thank you Tye I felt very spoiled and I LOVED my card.
I got to see alot of family and old friends and drive through the old neighborhood. That made me kinda sad. I miss my house on Storm Mountain since that is where we spent the longest time raising the kids there. So many memories...............and the tears do come easily. Happy and sad tears pulling at my heart strings.............Don't worry I am OK.
It was a very special Mother's day and this Sunday I get to have another Mother's Day with the other kids. I am spoiled I know.
I love all the pictures! Looks like you had a great time! It's so fun to see Tye in the police car, love to hear the update.
ReplyDeleteYou are spoiled. Another Mother's day dinner?! Just kidding you deserve it. I had a lot of fun with you. So you need to come more often.
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of you and Tye. I needed an updated one of you guys. I am glad you had a great time in Denver. We of course missed you and wanted you home A.S.A.P. You are a wonderful Mother and I love getting to spend so much time with you!
ReplyDelete