We loved it. The only crazy thing about it is the best time to hike it is in the summer when it is hot because of course you are in the water most of the time. So I patiently waited until August to go the first time. The Temp's had been in the 100's. Well the day we decided to go we woke up to a cloudy day! What! I don't want it to be cloudy. Dan convinced me it would still be plenty hot in the 90's. We were following rain all the way to Zion. I was getting freaked out as I HATE to be cold. I had decided if the water was freezing when we got in the river I was DoNe. When we arrived in Zion it was the coolest day they had had for a LONG time and it was barely 80 degrees. Sounds warm but it really wasn't in the canyon and with the cloud cover. I was shocked at how comfortable the water felt when we got in. Thankfully I could handle it. I was sad that it was not all hot and sunny but we ended up loving it and had a great, great day.
about a month later we went again with Peggy and Larry. It was very nice that day and it was soooo fun to share this experience with them. Peggy was a trooper going through the waist deep water.
The first time I went I had regular cotton shorts on. They sucked! So I bought some shorts that repel water. Well, I have to tell you that these shorts are like magic. I went through the deep water and when I came up out of the water my shorts were dry!!!! I was freaking out with excitement. It was so cool. I highly recommend anyone who does alot of this kind of hiking to go get these shorts. I will have to post the brand later as I am not home to go check that out right now.
Enough of the info. Just know that it was amazing and if you have not done this you need to put it on your bucket list of things to do before you die.
I got the two trips out of order but you'll get over it.
Looks so fun! Now you need to take us on that hike. Maybe next summer??
ReplyDelete