Thursday, October 22, 2009

FaUx PaiNtiNG BuSiNeES






I have been wanting and needing a job to get through these hard economic times. Dan wants me to find something flexible as he would like me to be able to still go with him on great adventures at the drop of a hat. That is hard to make happen when you have to pay the bills these days I know. I like being optimistic instead of pessimistic though. A virtue Dan has and is wearing off on me.
Well I have been racking my brain and looking for jobs here and there. Working on getting my Real Estate license, applying for jobs, wanting to be creative and use my talents.
Well, something wonderful and exciting and creative is starting to come to life. While brainstorming with a friend that needs the same kind of flexible job we were inspired to do faux painting and are taking action and moving forward with our idea of doing faux painting and finishes. She had done it before so we are not totally going into this blindly. Yes the economy sucks and people are cutting back but people are also staying put and fixing up their homes that they are in now since they can't move to a bigger and better home. They are finishing the basement for more room, and you know what there are people out there that are doing OK and have money to spend on some faux painting.
If not today somewhere in the future. My friends sister lives in Nebraska and does this for a living and has done it for years. She is a master faux finisher and does the most amazing murals and artwork on the walls too. (Megan, you would be so good at this too. When I saw here artwork I thought of you). Yes, it has slowed down but she still is getting plenty of work. Her name is Joyce and she has offered to train us and teach us the newest techniques that are out in the market today. What a blessing to have her do this. She cracks the whip and we have classes and take notes and everything!!
We have been in Nebraska all week working all day and into the night learning these techniques. I am blown away with what I have learned and what I can create with paint, plaster, glazes etc. We are making 20 sample boards each to start out for our business in a week. I feel like I am learning 20 dances at a time like "Dancing with the Stars" My head is spinning.
We are so excited to bring these styles to Utah. What a blessing.
Stay tuned for an open house to show off our stuff. If you are interested in a little Faux painting for your house give me a call. You will be blown away.
I will be busy in the meantime doing all these techniques in my house so you can come over and see how cool they are. You will want some of this in your home. I promise
I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to do something so creative and fun, it is almost as fun as scrapbooking. It's harder or I would say it is as fun.
Anyway that is what I am up to and I will keep you posted with all the details.
CALL ME for your free consultation today:) cause we're in business baby!!

3 comments:

  1. That is really exciting...you are so talented I am sure you will do well!! When we own our own home I am going to call you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in! Let's get to work on my house asap!!!

    ReplyDelete