I am a little late getting this tribute to my mom posted but my laptop has not been letting me upload pictures for about a month!
I miss my mom everyday and wish I could talk to her all the time. Every once in awhile I will think I need to call mom, then I remember she is gone....
Mom was a great mom. she sacrificed and gave her ALL to her children. She was always positive.
On her deathbed I interviewed her many hours and asked her lot's of questions. She was so happy that I was getting some of her thoughts and history of her life written down as she never kept a journal. She said many times that she always tried to be positive and told me not to hold a grudge and to be forgiving. She did not like to think about sad things that would just get her down. She always wanted to be positive and happy. She wanted to be out doing things and seeing the world.
I could go on and on about her. I loved hanging out with my mom and always had a hard time living in Denver and not being able to have all those Sunday dinners at her house or going on little day trips etc. that she would put together. Because of that I am very into wanting to have many opportunities to be with and do things with my kids and grand kids. I don't want to miss any chance I have to be with my family.
So, my advice to you who is reading this is don't waste any opportunity you have to be with your family. Take the time to take pictures, take the time to send a Birthday card or letter. Take the time to make a call or send an email or text. Just take the time as you never know when it will be your last time!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM! I hope you can read this from Heaven....

I think we only have two pictures of our whole family together. This one and one we took before mom died. * Make sure you take many more pictures of your family.

I remember my mom having these pictures taken. Take more pictures of yourself at different ages.

I remember my mom having this expression alot. Let your kids see pictures of you in all your many moods. not just the perfect posed ones!

I love this picture of Mom and Buck. Take more pictures of you and your husband, so when you are old your kids have lot's of fun pictures of you and him instead of only 5 or 6!

Oh my, gosh, I remember my mom going blond. This is one of her wigs, I know this is where I get my bravery to wear wigs because she wore wigs all the time!
Be daring and have fun. Don't worry about what others think. The older I get the more free I am to do this.

This is how mom looked most of the time, laughing and being happy. Just be happy, it is way more fun then being moody or sad.

I love seeing my parents when they were young. Boy, Trevor sure looks like my dad!

Ahhh, so young...

I think I found this picture in Elouise's albums. I was so glad I found it! My mom's generation was not good at documenting the everyday mundane things. I love how now days we take way more pictures. If you are not doing this. dust off the camera today.

I can't believe how many pictures I found that had Mom and her twin sister dressed alike when they were teenagers! I love them. Find your childhood pictures and show them to your kids.

Cutest little twin girls ever! If you haven't taken the time to go through all your parent's pictures you are missing some precious memories and the chance to have them tell you the what when & where they where in those pictures.

One of the very few pictures of my mom and dad together in a picture. Once again, take more pictures of you and your sweetie! Another Trevor and Dad look alike picture!!

I am jealous that Peggy is the only one that got pictures taken with both parents. Make sure you do a shot with each of your kids not just your firstborn! Need I mention that Trev looks like my dad!?

My mom NEVER told me she was a "queen" and rode a horse in a parade. I got this picture from Elouise and Elouise got these negatives that their mother had and my cousin developed them. If he had not re-printed these pictures we would never know this event in mom's life. Keep a journal of all your achievements so one day your kids will know who you are!

This is a classic picture of my mom. Do you love her blond curl? Have you taken pictures of your different hair-d0' etc. ?

This is my mother's keepsake doll. I have her baby keepsake doll also ( I need to get a picture taken of that). I even have her mother's baby keepsake doll. IF you ever want to see them in person you know where to find them. I am thankful they are still around and that I ended up with them.
Take pictures of your old trophies, awards or special keepsakes so that your kid's and grand kid's can see them someday.
Do you notice I don't have any pictures on here on me and my mom together. I can't find any at the moment....so take pictures with you and your mom together...you will be so glad you have those to look at some day.
I LOVE all these pictures! I saved all of them for myself! I miss her too! I keep a photo of her by my computer, so I see it a lot.
ReplyDeleteI love all those neat old pictures of your family. Your mom was a really lovely person. She was always very kind and loving.
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures,I so wish I had more pictures os my parents.
ReplyDelete