Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Memorial Day 2010
Yes, I am still on Memorial day...tonight my laptop was so happy to upload pictures for me, so I got the rest of the pictures up finally that I wanted to post. so now I can move on to something else.
Remember you can click on the pictures and view them close up. We found newspaper articles in the museum about our ancestors. How cool is that!?
In the old school house we found a notebook that had different pioneer names written down and lo and behold we found John Lowry's family. It was so exciting!
Tracey and Jacey!
Rachelle and I wandering around in the cemetery.
All of us heading into the pioneer cemetery.
It meant alot to me to be showing Rachelle where graves are in the cemetery.
In the museum we found this.... we had no idea what it was until the guide told us it was an old sacrament tray that the first pioneers used when they settled in Manti. They would pass this down the aisle and everyone would take a drink out of the cup and pass it down!! yuck! No wonder everyone got sick all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment