We recently added our 5Th Grandson to our family! Yup! You read right, FIVE Grandsons. Five wonderful,curious,handsome,fun,rowdy boys. I love all these boys to pieces. Boys are a Joy and lots of dirt and noise that is for sure! Don't worry or be sad for me because I know I will have a granddaughter to dress up someday too....I wonder who will have the first girl. I have been storing Barbie dolls and doll clothes for years waiting for that first girl to play with them. I also have a dollhouse I have been dragging around forever. They can wait because right now I love my world centered around a boys life.
I wanted to show off all my boys and tell you a little bit about each one of them. starting with
CoDy
Cody is the only Grandson that I have watched be born. That was so amazing and I loved every minute of it. All the Grandparents were there and it was so bonding.
Cody is totally into big construction equipment. Since he could talk, I bet he has not gone a day without saying tractor, backhoe or any word that describes heavy equipment. He also loves garbage trucks. He is very smart and very much like his mother's personality. Meaning when he wants to do something or thinks up something to do he wants to do it NOW!! Rachelle and Cody do not have patience to wait for things. That can be a good thing and a bad thing! Especially when you're the Mom.
Cody has a space between his front teeth that he inherited from me. Hopefully for him when he gets his permanent teeth his space will be gone. my did not go away I had to have it fixed. Sorry Cody!
Cody loves to draw and do art projects. He is very curious and wants to know how things work. Last time I tended him it was rainy and he said "I just can't figure out how all the rain gets in the clouds"? That is Cody, always questioning and wanting to make something be it cookies or a lego vehicle, or an experiment.
Cody is not my most "huggy" "Kissy" grandson but so far he is our most intellectual grandson. I predict he will own a construction company someday or be a contractor, or maybe even an artist. Of course he could totally be into something different by the time he is in High School. I will be surprised if he doesn't like heavy equipment.
LaNdEn
Landen is our entertainer. He was small when he was born and is still small for his age but large on personality. He is Funny, crazy, busy, and very Huggy and Kissy. Landen makes us laugh alot. He loves his older brother and loves all the tractors, and construction equipment too. He is not shy like Cody and is fast as lightning when wants to take off.
One of his first words was Backhoe and he would say it over and over teasing Cody.
I am not sure what Landen is going to be when he grows up but he will be fun and a tease and keep us all laughing. Landen loves to be tickled and will go into a trance if you sit and tickle him. cute!
Laneden is fearless and smart as a whip too.
Landen looked so much like Rachelle when he was 8 mos. old that I put Rachelle's pink baby dress on him and a pink pow in his hair and took pictures of him!! Oh, he will hate me for that when he is older but I will have to post the pictures to show you the resemblance. He looked just like her picture it was eery!
TrAvEn
Traven lives in Denver so we don't get to see him as much. That is hard for us as we miss him like crazy. Traven from day one has had advanced motor skills and just started walking at 10 months. That is the earliest out of all my kids and the grand kids so far. He has always been very strong and mobile since day one. So were the other boys but I think Traven beats them. He has held his bottle since about 3 or 4 mos if not sooner and it is funny to see him take his bottle and drink it fast and go right back to cruising around. He is good to play by himself and do his thing. When I was around him he seemed good natured and pretty easygoing. We can't wait to be around him again at Christmas. Then I will know more of his personality.
ThAxToN
Thaxton is mellow and easygoing. He Smiles like crazy when you look at him and it melts your heart. He doesn't hardly ever cry except when he is tired or hungry. He taught me that babies are afraid of Halloween decorations. At least he is! I have a life size witch that he DOES NOT like at my house. I was laughing so hard as I realized he would look over to see if she was still in the corner every time I would walk by the dining room. Sooo funny. He couldn't even eat in my kitchen because of the goblins on my hutch!
Thaxton has long fingers like me and my dad. It is fun to see family traits pass from one generation to another. Trevor has the long fingers too.
CrEw
Crew is our baby with lots of hair! He is our newest baby and he seems more mellow then Cody and Landen but that has yet to be proven. We are still getting to know him but even though he has been here for only a couple of weeks he has won our hearts over already. He is a doll!
It is so fun to get to know each grandchild and their personalities. I love this time of my life. I appreciate all the things the boys say and do way more then I did my own kids. I regret that. If I could go back I would write down every night in my journal the funny things my kids did and say. Sometimes it makes me cry when I am around the boys and listen to the things they are saying and I don't have any memories of my little ones.
I remember the things they did more then what they said so I encourage you moms to keep a journal,I promise you, you won't remember !! I am writing things down that the grandkids say to me so I can tell them the things they said to me when they get older.
I love my 5 Boys!!!
That was so cute! I loved reading about all the boys and their different personalities! We miss you!!!
ReplyDeleteSo Sweet! I bet being a Grandma is so much fun. The boys are all adorable and seem so happy. What a lucky lady you are!
ReplyDeleteI love that.Your grandsons are all so cute,but I think that the 3rd one is my favorite,hahaha.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're happy with all these boys in your life.Travn missis you!
Hello cute lynette! I am so happy that i found your blog! it is so cute! I have never seen your family before, they are beautiful! what a fun life!
ReplyDelete-Karly