

Alta Lorena Bartholomew Lowry died October 8th, 2010 and on October 15th and 16th we had two different memorial services for her. The first one was in Rupert, Idaho. I was honored to be able to read her life story at both funerals. As I did some more research in preparation for her funeral I found out so much more about her life. She really did have a hard childhood and life in many ways. For those of you that were not able to make it the funeral and would like a copy of her history I am compiling it and will have copies available for you.The weather for both days was perfect. Grandma wanted a nice day for her funeral and she deserved that and got her wish. She mentioned several times throughtout her later years that all we needed to do was wrap her in a quilt and throw her in a box to bury her. Well, we did wrap her in a quilt but we did not throw her in a box! I also placed her trusty crochet hook that she used to make many rugs for all of us in her hand. We couldn't send her to heaven without a hanger and one of her doilys either. They were tucked in around her and she was all cozy and and looked very comfy in her quilt. She had wrapped us in her love with quilts for years it was the least we could do to lay her body to rest in a nice warm quilt.
Grandma has been a part of all our lives since we were born. In the weeks since her funeral I have reflected on that many times as I see her hangers in my closet, the quilts on my beds and the rug she made for me in my laundry room. I love that I have a part of her with me in my home that I can look at, and feel her presence still around me.
Thank you Grandma for all the things you taught me and for all the quilts, hangers, rugs and memories that I will still have forever. Until I see you again don't forget how much I loved and appreciate all that you did for me.
Enjoy Heaven and I hope you are able to see and hear again and are busy doing all those things you loved doing here.
We miss you so much!










No comments:
Post a Comment