We left the house around 3pm and stopped by Trevor and Shari's to visit with little miss Kaylin again. Dan had not seen her yet and I needed to drop off a gift.
The weather was so amazing and the atmosphere downtown Salt Lake was fun and festive. We ended up eating dinner at Iggy's as they did not have a wait. We had stopped at Red Lobster in Murray and the line was out the door and the wait was at least an hour!!!
Iggy's was perfect and the food arrived so fast.
With dinner out of the way we were ready to head out for whatever we found downtown. IT was so warm in the 50's!! We decided to just walk since it was so nice and we needed to walk off out dinner.
We headed a couple of blocks to the Gateway mall and it was incredible. People were walking around without coats even!! It felt like a summer evening. I was so warm at times I had to unbutton my coat and take my gloves off. We walked the mall and enjoyed the Christmas decorations, ventured in to Z-gallery that I had heard about this past year and wanted to see what all the buzz was about. It is a fun store and everything was on sale and the prices were quite reasonable.
Then on to Temple square. It was so amazing to be out walking in Dec. and feeling so warm. I can't tell you enough how fun it was to explore and to check out all the venue's downtown.
At Temple square we ended up going into the tabernacle and listened to a Christmas concert that was going on. It was so relaxing and festive. The music was beautiful. After that was over we ventured back out into the lights. While walking around we ran into Matt & Sara Staker and family!!! What were the chances of running into them amongst hundreds of people?! That was fun, we took a few pictures and were on our way to the reflection pool in front of the temple.Beautiful....
Off to the Beehive house...
Then over to the Gallvian center.
I had never seen the ice skating rink in the winter and it was soooo cool and festive over there. It felt like the 4th of July because the weather was so amazing. All in all we walked about 2 1/2 miles around downtown.
It was the best New Year's Eve Eve ( since we were a day early) that I have had in a long time!
So now on the real New Year's Eve I am excited to stay home and scrapbook and clean out drawers and just hang out! The Christmas decorations are all down and put away and I am looking forward to 2012 and hoping it brings as many blessing's that we received in 2011!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
Love all the pictures.Our Christmas was defenitly not warm. I'm glad you guys had a good time.
ReplyDelete