Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I FiNaLLY REMEMBERED!!!!


Way back in the early 90's I bought canvas bags for my groceries. I wanted to do my part to recycle. I used them faithfully and loved them. We had recycling bins for glass, cans, newspapers, and plastic. Our recyclables were picked up with the weekly trash. It was awesome. I so miss not having curb side pickup for our recyclables in Utah. Maybe some neighborhoods have it, I just haven't seen it. I believe it was some mom's over in Denver in the Ken Caryl Ranch where I lived that got it all started for our neighborhood. I keep thinking I need to be pro-active and get it started here in St. George in Coral Canyon.
Anyway, a few months ago I bought some new bags at Albertson's wanting to get back on the wagon doing my part (they are not as nice as my old canvas ones) I can't believe I gave my old ones to DI when I was on a cleaning binge a few years ago!! What was I thinking?? Yesterday I finally remembered to take my new bags into the grocery store with me, (I usually forget to use them even though they are always in the car!) It felt so good and is soooo easy. I came home and Oprah was on and it was all about going green. She asked us to use cloth bags! I was so happy I had used them just in the past hour. I challenge all you young moms to buy about 6 bags and use them. The moms in line behind you will be inspired. Walmart has cute black ones for a $1.00 a piece, mine our tan from Albertson's. I have not seen any like my good canvas ones like my old ones but I will keep looking. If you are already doing it and recycling then good for you.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go green! They were handing out bags much like these yesterday on Good Morning America and the Today Show for Earth Day! How timely of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Lynette. I've been wanting to get some for myself. I saw someone using them in Harmon's a couple of weeks ago but they were all out. I'll have to ask again. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete