Last week Rachelle came down to St. George since Cody was out for Spring Break. We had a great time. The first day was really hot so the boys spent more time inside investigating Grandma's house. I think they looked in every drawer, cupboard and closet! It was funny and got annoying but I do remember doing the same at my Grandma's house when I was younger. I just think I was older so I was surprised that even Landen was so snoopy already.
The next few days were windy and spoiled the outside fun a bit so we had to think of things to do with little ones. Landen is not quite ready to sit through the movies (at least we didn't dare try to take him to a movie for fear he would just run around) so we didn't do that, would of liked to.
We went to some Sand dunes to play but all we got was sandblasted!#! The boys would of loved to stay there longer, the warm soft sand felt so nice and we only got 2 pictures before we had to get the heck out if there.
We when to the Dinosaur Tracks Museum at Johnson Farm (They need to have a few more things to do there in my opinion) the boys were a little young to really get into it. they loved coloring and the gift shop the most!
They LoVeD our sand pile and the hot tub here at home the best. We never got to roast marshmallow's on my fire pit because of the dang wind! It's a blast to do that with the little fetcher's, they are so cute. They mostly just start them on fire one after another in the dark. Good sweet memories.
Landen is talking like crazy and says the funniest things. I could listen to him all day. A funny thing he said was "Look at all the dippy lions....ahhh their so cute!" he meant dandelion's!! We were always laughing at him. At barely two he totally knows everything that is going on around him. Cracks me up. Cody is more serious and sensitive and loves to draw and ask Grandpa Dan questions. He came up to Dan one night and asked "What is a gear?" he wanted to know all about how gears work on cars and tractors etc. Grandpa Dan LOVES to explain things in great detail. The boys know every tractor or heavy equipment name for all construction equipment, I don't even know the names of them, Landen & Cody correct me all the time. They love looking at tractors on the Internet with Grandpa. They found some pretty cool pictures of trucks etc.
Dan was using a forklift at work while they were here and the boys were in heaven. Cody rode back to the rental place on the forklift with Dan and he was thrilled.
We also went out to Virgin and over to Springdale by Zion's.
I love having them here, It's crazy chaotic, tiring fun. Rachelle and I don't get to shop or scrap like we would love to but those days will be back before we know it. Seems like yesterday I was the young Mom up to my eyeballs in laundry, carpools, lessons, soccer, babies etc. and visiting my Mom. It still shocks me that I am the Grandma and my babies all have babies now.
Time just keeps clicking along so fast. Thank goodness for pictures and home movies, speaking of that I have a word of advice. IT YOU HAVE ALL YOUR PICTURES ON YOUR COMPUTERS WITH NO BACK UP, GET THEM ON CD'S OR GET THEM MADE INTO PRINTS. WHATEVER YOU DO GET THEM BACKED UP.
I do all three of those things and I am even getting an external hard drive but I accidentally deleted all my pictures that I had spent hours getting all organized recently because I thought I had them duplicated in 3 places. so when I deleted the extra files just wanting one file on my desktop it took the pictures out of the file left on the desktop too! I have found some, but some weren't downloaded to CD'S so who knows what is gone, there were so many I can't even remember. I AM SO SAD!
Enjoy our photo memories!! It's VERY quiet around here today and I need to take a picture of all the handprints left the glass door before I wash it off to remember the busy-ness of little BoY's and another little Boy on the way! I better keep learning all the names of all the heavy equipment as it seems I am going to be in BOY-Land for awhile. Still waiting for a granddaughter to do all the girly stuff with too!
Very fun! I wish my Mom was close enough that we could hang out at her house for spring break. Looks and sounds like you are loving being a grandma. Those boys are so darn cute, they make me smile. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteThat had to be so much fun for BOTH of you! You have some pretty sweet granbabes! Cody and Landen are both so smart.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice, I keep wanting to get me a memory stick for all my photos, and develope the ones I LOVE. I better get on it!!