Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dad, Grandma and the Reunion Pictures!!!











Last Sunday Dan and I decided to go visit Grandma Lowry up in Rupert Idaho. I also wanted to take my Father's Day gift to my dad since we will not be there for Father's Day. Grandma fell and broke her hip the previous Saturday and she is recuperating from that. I was planning on a nice cheery visit. As it turned out it was a very eventful afternoon. Dan and I walked into her room full of family members all looking like Grandma had just died. I was in complete shock! I was quickly filled in with what was transpiring and was told that the end was near and we thought she was going to die that afternoon. Dave and Sue and kids had shown up also, I did not know they were going to be there, he had arrived only an hour before me. We did not expect to find Grandma in a coma state and the nurses telling us death looked imminent! Afton & Dad then asked Dan to give her a blessing to release her and to tell her it was OK to go. That turned out to be a sweet and special moment for all of us as we circled her bed, held hands or hugged one another and prayed together. Dan gave a lovely blessing but did not feel inspired to release her. We now know why as Grandma really did return from the brink of death within hours and was sitting up in bed eating dinner and talking to all of us by evening!!! We were shocked at how one minute she was looking and acting like she was going to be leaving us at any moment and now here she was as she always is,full of life!! Yet very tired and a little forgetful but otherwise quite normal. We had witnessed a miracle!! I would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes!

Back to my Dad, I made him a memory book of my kids & me when they were little and also put in a DVD of the Lowry Home Videos that Bart had made for us. I wanted to go to his house and watch them with him but ended up watching them on my laptop at the Rest home. Remember we were keeping a vigil at Grandma's room not knowing what was going to happen with her.
Well we did not make it through all the movies...dang it, I wanted to share them together with everyone but it didn't work out as planned.. and we needed to head back to Provo but not before I took some pictures with my Dad. I am so happy to have some new shot's of us together. I wish I had done this with my Mom, I don't really have any pictures of just my mom and me.(I encourage all of you to take a picture with your Mom and Dad as soon as you can!) I plan to get a picture of my kids with their Grandpa Lowry when I can also. Grandsons too!

It was a special,crazy,spiritual,touching,loving Sunday. One I will never forget and Grandma seems to be doing well for now. She is the woman with 9 lives!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to go up there! What an experience! Leave it to Grandma to surprise everyone and wake up and sit and chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I didn't know any of that was going on! I wasn't at all surprised to read that Grandma made a full comeback, she's like the energizer bunny, she just keeps going and going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so glad you posted this and gave us the 411. I love the pictures. I too can believe she's hangin in there. What a woman, hey she's still got things to do, Hangers to yarn. I truely hope to make it up to see her before her batteries do stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I wish i could be there last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shots of you and your dad, there is nothing like a father/daughter relationship. I am so glad that you and your family were able to have that special experience with your grandma. She seems like a fighter and it was meant to be that you were able to be there for that neat moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynette,

    My mom said Albertson's had their raspberries for a dollar this week. You should try there. Or Costco has them for $1.28.

    ReplyDelete