Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Rockin" it in Little Cottonwood Canyon















Today we went Rock Climbing "Finally" it has been forever ago that we went. My cousin Mike went with us and it was a fabulous day. We did "Pentipitch" if you are familiar with the climbs at all. I have done this route before and it is somewhat of a crack climb. I love crack climbing and found out I am a pretty good crack climber. I had no idea. I think it is because of all the high heeled shoes I have worn my whole life ( we girls all know how they can make our feet hurt!!*#). Well I feel no pain shoving my foot into the cracks where it kills most guys. So at the "Quarry" climbing gym I can ace alot of great climbers on the cracks. I love it!!!
I have alot of pictures ( so be prepared) some not so good. it's hard to pose on a ledge!!
It really felt good to be out on the rock again. The evening was fantastic also as we hiked back to the car.
I even had my acrylic nails on!!! French manicure and all!! It's so WRONG, to have nails in the climbing world,(you get made fun of). I look like a prissy girl with them on, which I am :). If we start going more often off they'll come. Plus you really need to be able to get into those small holds and you can't do it with the nails. too bad.
Rock on!

2 comments:

  1. You look like a pro master at that, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun. I would love to tag along sometime. It's been a long time since Mike and I went rock climbing, but I can't seem to get him to go do it.

    ReplyDelete