Saturday, June 21, 2008

Grandma, Swimming, Jam and Rock Climbing "Oh My"





















OK, I went back up to Idaho on Tuesday with my cousin Tracey and her daughter Jacey to visit "Wonder Woman" again. That is what Grandma is. She is amazing. The nurses think she really died and came back to life. She was knocking at heavens door a week ago that is for sure!! This week she was up and outside with us talking up a storm. She did say that "sheets were available (with rosebuds)in the cafeteria and in the bathrooms and everywhere in the rest home and we needed to go get some" she is getting a little senile believe it or not. But, just a little, she is still VERY SHARP! I think it is so cute/funny when she comes up with crazy things like the sheets. It makes me laugh. Anyway we took a bunch more pictures of her and dad that day.

Wednesday I made Jam with Rachelle and the boys since my niece Carissa got me all exited about it when I read that she had made jam. The boys were helping until I had to keep getting mad at Landen for wanting to mess up my rhythm I had going.He had me running in circles I couldn't even get the first batch right! sheesh!! Thanks Rachelle for being patient with me not being patient with Landen. He is a doll, but too busy of a boy to cook with. In my opinion anyway. His mom thinks he is just fine. I never did have the patience for "Active, Lively children" I like them dull,quiet,and asleep I guess (joking). I know I am a wimp!! I love them to pieces but I am strict about certain things. That's who I am. I thought I'd change with age.....nope still the same.

Thursday Rachelle and I took the Boys to the Scera swimming pool in Provo. For a little sun and Fun. Landen wasn't so sure he liked the water at first and was crying. I was so surprised! Cody went right in and didn't come out for a long time. Until they made us. Everyone had to get out of the Kiddie pool for a "POOP CHECK" Say what? yup! either someone did poop or they thought someone did. We had to wait while they went in with net's and buckets to fish it out and put new chemicals in the water.
I think the boys had a great time and Rachelle and I got a great sunburn! Dang it! we even put sunscreen on but apparently not enough.

Friday I rested...actually I didn't. I shopped most of the day for things for my house. Don't get too excited I shopped at Lowes, for things like bug spray, garden hose, spray paint etc. boring. We did go see the movie "Get Smart" Friday night. I love Steve Caroll. Dan loved it and I thought it was OK, funny but not super funny. I am a hard one to make me really really laugh at a movie. I was trying to keep my blood from boiling from all the freakin stupid people that have to text message all through the movie!!!!!!!!!!!! It drives me crazy!!!! Can't they have a rest for 2 hours. Come on!! this is a HUGE annoyance for me..........I'm still bugged writing about it. Gosh!~

Then on Saturday we went Rock climbing see post below.

Ahhhh the good "Ole" summertime. I don't think I live in St. George anymore, I'm never there. I really don't want to go back to the heat as I am enjoying the cool evenings. something that you don't get there. Come winter I will be loving it again.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that jam story makes me laugh! And, you thought I was impatient? :) I love Grandma, she is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pics of Grandma Great, Grandpa & Afton! LOVE it that you took them! :)

    Jam with toddlers? And you thought they wouldn't get messy and screw up your "rythym"? Aye... and I thought you had raised children!? :) Just kidding... this of course, coming from the mommy of 3 (soon-to-be-4!), HIGHLY active boys... to the extreme!

    Swimming looks much more like their style! :)

    And we are going DOWN to St George next week, running to the 110 degree desert paradise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me that me need to be making some jam as well. Mike is usually in charge and becomes the Jam making Nazi with the kids. I will give him credit for letting them stir. :) It's actually pretty fun. MMM, just thinking about strawberry freezer jam is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny. I was hoping to hear there was hope with patience and age for myself. Great. Also, glad Im not the one texting you. It does become such an inconvenience at times although you could just not text people back.. and put your phone on silent next time. ;) Good seeing you the other day! Thanks for coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mindy, The people weren't texting me they were texting other people. I hardly ever text or get text messages. I'm not good at it.
    Just wanted to clarify that.

    ReplyDelete