On Tuesday I FINALLY got around to having my one on one Grandma date with Landen. He has been patiently waiting for this date since I mentioned it a couple of months ago.
So I picked him up Tuesday night and he came and spent the night. The next morning we went to the Bean Museum over at BYU. I had never been there but was told it was a great place to take kids, especially boys. Above is a picture of him talking to his mom and brothers before we left. He looked so cute on the phone!
Here we are at the start of our adventure.
Once inside Landen was loving it!! I wasn't sure if he would be into this sort of thing but his eyes lit up and next thing I knew I was running around fast to keep up with a boy full of wonder and excitement. It was awesome! Landen was good to let me take a million pictures of him. He was so cute and fun and easy to be with. Much easier than having all 3 boys together that is for sure!!
We loved this big ole' Hippo head. It's way bigger in person than what the picture shows.
This Giant Butterfly is made from hundreds of other Butterflies. This was MY FAVORITE of the museum.
I love looking at Bug collections. I like dead bugs not live bugs! They are amazing.
Landen later told me the Museum was awesome and that all the animals are DEAD!!
I bought Landen a wooden snake in the gift shop that he really wanted. I thought it was lame and didn't really want to get it for him. I finally gave in and seriously at the end of the day after doing many things I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said "My SNAKE!!!" I couldn't believe it! I thought he would be done with that snake in 15 minutes as per the usual with kids. I just have never been a big fan of buying kids lots of toys and especially buying toys in gift shops.
Landen Thanked me for his snake twice in a short period of time. A little while later he says to me "Grandma, did you know that I thanked you twice for my snake?" I just love it!! I was so happy he loved his snake.
After the Museum we went to the BYU Creamery outlet. (a new find of mine) to get lunch. They didn't have anything that I thought Landen would eat so we just got a treat. I got an ice cream cone and he wanted chocolate milk. Chocolate Milk over ice cream?? I was surprised. We went out on the lawn under a big shady tree and he helped me eat MY ice cream cone!! Yup, I knew it was weird that he chose the milk but he did drink it later and told me he got the milk because it would last longer...:)
I read online that there was a good duck pond on the south side of BYU so we set off to find it. We parked in the Brick Oven parking lot and headed up the street and came upon this really fun river. I had no idea it would be there. It had waterfalls and nice rive-rock in the bottom of it and it was sooooo clean and shallow. It reminded me of the riverwalk in Zion on a small scale. I wanted to get in it right away but wasn't sure if we could. We headed on to the pond. We found it and it was the dirtiest blackest pond I have seen in a long time! Yuck! IT was in a nice spot and it was surrounded with neat trees and decking and benches but the water was disgusting. The ducks were not hungry (that was OK as we did not have bread, as I forgot it) but we found that the pond had a bunch of turtles in it. Landen loved those and told me "These are the first turtles I have ever seen in a pond!" We watched them swim for a few minutes and then left pretty quick and I didn't even take a picture of the pond I was so disappointed of it!
As we were walking back to the car it was hot and the river was calling to me...get in....get in...and we did! I decided if we are not suppose to be in there someone will tell me sooner or later. No one ever did, and Gardener's were all over the place. Oh man, it felt good and of course Landen went nuts that he could get in the water. Once again he was great to let me take pictures.
After the duck pond I have been wanting to go to the Pioneer Museum for forever so I thought I would try taking Landen
When we went home it kept raining so I got the umbrella out for Landen to play in the rain. Well, it turned into the most awesome photo shoot. We had the best time taking these fun pictures of him with this umbrella.
Can you believe these shots!!!! We were laughing so hard taking them. FUN FUN FUN
Well it quit raining and for some reason I decided to go to Squaw Peak and go back to the Pioneer Village tomorrow. I can't believe I still had any energy to go but I thought it would be cool after the rain had quit.
Landen thought it was the coolest to be up so high and to see the city. Once again we had the best time taking pictures and the snake was still cool and Landen wanted to take pictures of his snake.
This picture is way out of sinc but I don't know how to get it where it should go so enjoy Landen's cute pose.
It was the first time I have ever been to Squaw Peak and was the only one there. He had it all to ourselves. IT was so fun watching Landen take his pictures of the snake. We would set it up in the grass and kept telling me how real it looked.
On the way home I wanted to check out a campground because Rachelle wants to take the boys camping. So we had another hour of fun looking for the best campsite.
Campsite #8 is the winner and we will be back!!!
It was the best day ever with my Landen boy!!!!
Awesome pictures,I'm sure Landen loved everything.
ReplyDelete