Here we are at the start of the hike. We had to wait 1 1/2 hours for it to be our turn. Our start time was 11:30 am. I didn't know that is how it worked. When it is your turn you go to the trailhead and then you start hiking they give you 1 1/2 hours to get up to the top. Our tour of the cave started at 1:10 pm.
My pictures are a little out of order..Oopsy!! On my computer I can click on the pictures and they get bigger. So if you can't see these very good try clicking on the pictures.
When we first got to the parking lot Dan had to park up the road a bit. Because we had to wait for over an hour we jumped in the car and went exploring the canyon. I was so worried to leave the parking spot we got for fear we would have to park further away when we got back. There is not much parking for such a busy place!! But, my parking angels were looking out for us today and when we came back we got the best spot across the street from the main parking lot!!! Thank you Parking Angels!! I was soooo happy!! :)
Starting up the trail.....
Dan was so patient with my slow pace. Truly, he could have run up the trail and been there in probably a half an hour.
In the cave. On the way up I kept seeing people without jackets....like dumb girls in tiny shorts and tops! I hope they froze during the cave tour for being so dumb. It gets cold in there! I knew this as I have been here before but it was colder than I remember. It's fine with a jacket on.
Where's Emmett????? Read this picture to tell you the story about Emmetts!! If you have a Happenings book, go use your 2 for 1 coupon. You don't have to get the hamburger you can get whatever.
It was a very fun day and Dan has now been inside of a mountain as well as on top of a mountian. He can now check off the cave from his bucket list!!
No comments:
Post a Comment