Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day TWO of Grandma Date with Landen continues.....

Landen in the falls, loving it.
 Today was another day filled with fun and adventure with my "Lando" We were going to go to the duck pond by my house and while I was getting ready to do that I decided we better get up to the canyon and do the ducks later so off we went. This is how day two went.....
First stop: Bridal Veil Falls
I wear flip flops every day and because we did so much yesterday my feet were killing me so I wore tennis shoes up to the falls. I didn't think Landen would want to jump right in and that we would just hang around for a bit. maybe just sit on the edge of the dock... NOPE!!! He was right in the water and there I was with tennis shoes on!! I hopped from rock to rock trying not to get my shoes wet. I was so bummed I did not have my flip flops. They were back in the car Dang it! I finally gave in and went in barefoot which hurt but Landen was freaking me out climbing up into the waterfall more and more and I wanted to be able to catch him if he fell.

Hanging out with my guy!!

Admiring the falls!

Here is Landen dropping leaves into the water. I love that I caught the leaves in mid air on this one!

After the falls I wanted to take Landen up to Sundance to another pond that has a big Indian statue. When we got there I saw the Tram and decided on the spur of the moment to ride the Tram if it wasn't outrageously expensive. Well Landen was free and so I sprung for the $11 ticket for me. I am soooo glad I did as he was sooo excited to go.

Landen would not even let his feet hang out over the bench until we were close to the ground up at the top!


He told me this was the first time he had ever been on a chair lift!!

Down at the pond that has the Indian statue.
While we were at Sundance, Landen kept saying how much he loved staying with me and Grandpa. Originally he was going to stay two days. Then he told me he wanted to stay 4 days. Then he said he was going to stay 10 days. Then he said on the way to lunch "What if I lived with you and Grandpa?" 

*Before I forget yesterday when we were sitting on the porch watching it rain and eating dinner Landen says to me, "So why did you never have kids?" It was so out of the blue and so cute. I told him "I did" and that one of them was his mom! He didn't quite  get it as Dan asked him who's kid is he? and he said he was mine! Anyway, it was a fun conversation to get him sorted out on the difference between kids and grand kids and we loved having it with him.

 After Sundance we were hungry so we went to Burger King to get a Happy meal that Landen wanted. While I was there I got a call that I needed to go to an appt. that night that they had had a cancellation so I had to tell him that we needed to end our date and take him home.  Well, he was so SAD about that and I don't think he said two sentences to me the rest of time I was with him taking him home. I felt bad, as he really wanted to stay a couple more days. I know he was still waiting to go to that duck pond...Dang I felt bad about that too.
 I was sad that our date had to end also as I had loved getting to know him better and just doing things with him one on one. 
I am so thankful for camera's to capture memories as this is one I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment