Monday, August 20, 2012

BeAcH BuM'S




I found out about this fun little lake and swim beach area in Pleasant Grove last week. I couldn't wait to go with the grandkids to it. We finally made it their today. It's Officially called Manilla Creek Park Pond. It is on 3300 N 900W. For me the easiest way to get their is got 1100 E. were the American Fork Hospital is. Keep going N on 1100E until you get to the Timponogas Temple. Turn Right and it turns into 2600 N then go to 900W and turn Left then you will see the park on the right at 3300 N. Hope that makes sense.
It is stocked with Albino and Rainbow trout also. So if you want to take the kids fishing instead of swimming here you go, or you could do both. I love to fish if someone else is baiting ,unhooking the fish, cleaning and cooking them! They also have a fish cleaning station. You can only catch 4 fish per person and I think it's good to have a license but I think people are fishing without them. I never saw any rangers (fish patrol).
There are nice bathrooms and a drinking fountain.
It is so convienient and easy to get to your car. When we were leaving I backed the car up closer to the beach area and so loading was a snap!
We took our lunch and a blanket and sand castle building items. I took my life jacket and had fun swimming across the lake.
I was given a tip to take a gallon of water to wash the sand of your feet when you get to the car. That was nice to have and I washed the boys feet before they got into the cars. They loved getting it off their feet too.

Here are some pictures of our fun last day of summer before the boys start school tomorrow.










Landen was so brave and came way out into the lake with me swimming around. I loved it!

 My castle that I made today!

Landen had fun following the ducks all around!

 Cody had so much fun digging a big hole and making a cavern in the sand!
Thaxton went with me when I went to investigate the pond. He didn't go with us today but Trevor took his family last week and they L-O-V-E-D it!!

Anyway, You need to go check it out and I can't wait to take Tye's boys next summer now that I know how fun it is. Thaxton and I went 2 weekends ago and it wasn't any busier on Saturday then it was today. So you should go this year until it gets cold. Hey, I am not giving up on summer yet!!!

1 comment: