Saturday, August 6, 2011

Eight is Great Cookies!!!!

For Cody's Baptism I saw a cute cookie idea making fun "8" cookies.
 I went a little crazy! :)
 I didn't know how many I would need so I just made a double batch and that made 65 cookies! I don't think I have ever made this many cookies that were this technical my whole life!!
I have a friend that made 1000 homemade cookies but they were not sugar cookies. That's crazy that she did that.             HOLY COW, 1000 cookies!!! How did she do that?
I take that back about never making such technical cookies. . I remember making cookies when I was a cheerleader back in high school where each one of the cookies was one of the cheerleaders with their uniforms on them. We had 4 guys and 4 girl cheerleaders and we had checkered skirts and pants. Way stupid idea I had.   I think I over baked them and they were not very edible. I am sure they were rolling their eyes and laughing behind my back that day!!!! :(
I did not have a cookie cutter in the shape of an 8. I used a plastic cup and cut the bottom off and notched it so I could connect the two circles. Don't be too impressed as I got the idea from someone else that showed me how to do that!! IT was still tricky and time consuming but it was fun to figure it out and I would do it again.
I will be looking for a good 8 cookie cutter for future baptism cookies as I will make them again.
I think I started a new tradition!!



No comments:

Post a Comment