Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Saved from going to Deseret Industries!


Before
I had a garage sale in June.
Dan's dad brought this cabinet down to add to the sale for me. It showed up all covered in spider webs and dirty glass. I thought I might can get $10.00 for this. If not then I will take it to DI.
Then as it sat in the garage during my sale I kept looking at it. Thinking....
I started to see it in a new light.
I decided I was going to paint the dang thing the new blue I have seen ladies using on their projects on their blogs.
I am trying to add more color to my house and getting rid of anything brown.
I took it off the market.
I told Dan I was going to paint it and put it in our house and he did not like my idea....
Well, he does now!!! :) 

The sad ugly pitiful cabinet.

close up

Seeing if it would look good in this spot..

Priming it. I LOVE KILTZ

Painted all blue!

All painted, glazed and glass all clean!!! I LOVE IT!!!

close up

I painted the hardware all black. I love that it has a light in it also.

This used to be dark brown. I'm sick of brown. I actually notice this now when I walk by it every day.

Much better with some glaze on it. Another accent of color in the room.
New candles to add a touch of turquoise somewhere else in the room.

I am feeling more cheery already.
Let there be color!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! I love the blue, and your vision. :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much prettier blue. you do have a magic touch.

    ReplyDelete