Sunday, August 14, 2011

GrAnDmA & GrAnDpA CaMp 2011

pRecently Rachelle told me she really wanted to take the boys camping. I told her I would help her do it. So a couple of weeks ago I started planning for camp. Camping is alot of work!
The reward is the wonderful memories that camping creates. After spending many hours thinking about camping and getting Dan on board we finally went camping on Thursday and Friday of this week. It was awesome.
We all had a great time.
 It was so fun and so much work planning and packing everything up that we decided we need to do it for at least 2 days next time we go. Which ends up being 3 days and 2 nights.

We went up to the Hope campground up by Squaw Peak. So close and so easy and kinda private. It is a small campground and I scouted out all the campsites there and found this one to be the best. I liked that it backed up to no one. :)

The pictures captured our memories. I'm so thankful for camera's!
ENJOY!!
(I took a ton, and only posted a few of them. so relax...and enjoy)

Grandpa Dan showing the boys how
 to put up a tent and get the ground ready.

Letting the boys pound in the stakes.

Boy, they loved this part!!

Each one got to take a turn.

I love helping to build boys into great men!

Enjoying camp now that the tent's are up.


The boys kept Rachelle busy taking on and off their shoes to go in the tent!!

 Once camp was all set up I had a treasure hunt all ready for the boys to go on. It was fun to follow them around finding the clues to lead them to some "buried loot".
Cody reading a clue they found at the water spigot!


Another clue found, and on to the next!


walking back to camp to find another clue.


Cody did a great job reading the clues to his brother's.


After lot's of clues' and hunting for the loot, they FOUND IT!!!


Then it was time for dinner. Tin foil dinners were cooking nicely!!



Dinner was a little crazy trying to get it all together and to satisfy every ones tastes. (meaning the boys)

T


Landen created his own concoction. It was a marshmallow with butter on it and it tasted like popcorn!!



It was great having Grandpa around to help keep the boys in line and to show them guy skills!!



Crew LOVES his mom, and never likes her out of his sight!!


Trevor and Thaxton joined us for dinner. Thaxton stayed the night and Trevor went home as he had to get up early for work.


Trevor is the family fire builder and Cody definitely wants to take over that job! LOL


Some fun pictures with the glow necklaces and bracelets that were in the Treasure bag.


Trevor hanging out for the evening with his boy!


Morning came fast and it was time to make breakfast!


Yum!! Ebelskivers!!


After breakfast the boys found  some flowers and I had a flower press. I was showing them how to use it.


Then it was time for a little hike we had planned. That will be in the next post so as to break this up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Even ebilskivers?! Wow! Looks like so much fun, what lucky kids to have such fun grandparents.

    ReplyDelete